Friends Of Ben
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Share your experience

+3
Kazza
carol08
Lilliput
7 posters

Go down

Share your experience Empty Share your experience

Post  Lilliput Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:27 pm

Please add a reply to this post with anything you would like to add/share about fostering smile
Lilliput
Lilliput
Top Dog

Number of posts : 3575
Registration date : 2008-02-08

http://www.friendsofbendogrescue.com

Back to top Go down

Share your experience Empty fostering

Post  carol08 Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:17 pm

Cassie was my first foster dog from friends of ben ,it was great having her around, i did get attached to her and cryed when she left but im glad she will be going to a new great home ,i was thinking of keeping her but she was going to be a very big dog and would need lots of space ,im so glad i had cassie she got use to diffrent people comeing in an out of my house and was great with every one she went from shy to a happy loving dog in no time all a dog needs is some love and a happy home it not much to ask

Share your experience Photo0245 I love you I love you Share your experience Photo0267

Last edited by carol08 on Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
carol08
carol08
Top Dog

Number of posts : 325
Registration date : 2009-02-16

Back to top Go down

Share your experience Empty Fostering Millie, the Pitbull Terrier

Post  Kazza Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:32 pm

Millie came into the pound just before Christmas and was in a dreadful state. She was terribly thin and her ribs were protruding. She was covered in pressure sores where she had obviously been sleeping on concrete and she had chewed the tip of her tail and left it bleeding.

Fostering Millie was the most rewarding thing I have ever done. Despite numerous setbacks (torn cruciate ligament, mammary tumour, chronic malnutrition), it was just so wonderful to see her progress and she was so grateful to be in a warm, loving environment again. In fact it was so rewarding that I couldn't bear to part with her and she's now a permanent resident here!

Before...

Share your experience Millie-Before

After...
Share your experience MillieChristmasTree
Kazza
Kazza
Admin

Number of posts : 2278
Registration date : 2008-02-08

http://www.friendsofbendogrescue.com

Back to top Go down

Share your experience Empty Re: Share your experience

Post  Amber133 Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:42 pm

i'm only a newbie and havent fostered for you guys yet ,......... But i cant wait til my jack russel pup comes back from wexford :)
Amber133
Amber133
Top Dog

Number of posts : 348
Registration date : 2009-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post  siofra Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:06 pm

ive fostered a number of dogs in the last year and it broke my heart each time they went, and i thought about keeping each one of them. i still get upset about a particular lab x i had for a good while he was as dosey as you get and was very ill when he got here but he was a dote. fostering is hugely rewarding when you consider the dog has been locked up and then arrives at a warm house with good people and good grub, they dont no what is happening. foster dogs develop a hugh attachment to their foster families because they know what they have done for them. nothin nicer than looking in a dogs eyes and knowing that it was you who saved them...its a big deal. its tough when they are going tho you wish you could explain that you are not letting them down and they didnt do anything wrong...but the gud times and the actual fact of what you've done for that dog outweigh all of that
siofra
siofra
Top Dog

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Doggymad Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:27 am

i,ve lost track of the number of dogs i have fostered , i help lots of rescues with different dogs and i find it very rewarding to see a dog/pup come out of there shell and go on to be confident mature adults xxx i,d recommend fostering to anyone cheers I love you
Doggymad
Doggymad
Top Dog

Number of posts : 3252
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxi Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:11 am

I've fostered a small few but the one that got my heart (and still has it) was Jessie. I sobbed like a 2yr old when she left - I still talk about her to this day smile

Maxi
Top Dog

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post  siofra Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:09 am

by fostering a rescue you are giving them a soft landing to the rest of their life....building foundations for them. hugely rewarding
siofra
siofra
Top Dog

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum