Friends Of Ben
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In foster care: Butch (formerly Yankee) Staffy Boy with deformed leg

+8
Maxi
celticpitbulls
Heinz57
charlie
Doggymad
Kazza
Lilliput
chirpy
12 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

In foster care: Butch (formerly Yankee) Staffy Boy with deformed leg Empty In foster care: Butch (formerly Yankee) Staffy Boy with deformed leg

Post  chirpy Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:41 pm

Have you seen poor yankee in Dunboyne??? Such a shame for him. Would you be able to get him out?? he'll not get homed from there that's for sure.
chirpy
chirpy
Top Dog

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

In foster care: Butch (formerly Yankee) Staffy Boy with deformed leg Empty Re: In foster care: Butch (formerly Yankee) Staffy Boy with deformed leg

Post  Lilliput Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:17 pm

In foster care: Butch (formerly Yankee) Staffy Boy with deformed leg 100_1058

I was there when he arrived at the pound and I felt really sorry for him. But he looks like if he has been well cared for until now. Dog warden said that he was told that he was born like that. I wonder, obviously he never used that leg so maybe he should have it had amputated when he was a puppy confused But anyway he did not seem to bother at all about his leg and was walking around like any normal dog.
He is a surrender so he needs help ASAP.
Lilliput
Lilliput
Top Dog

Number of posts : 3575
Registration date : 2008-02-08

http://www.friendsofbendogrescue.com

Back to top Go down

In foster care: Butch (formerly Yankee) Staffy Boy with deformed leg Empty Butch (formerly Yankee) Staffy Boy with deformed leg

Post  Kazza Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:02 am

This gorgeous guy is now in foster care with Doggymad cheers cheers She's already had him at the vets and they say that his leg is not bothering him so they're not going to do anything about it. Isn't he handsome?

In foster care: Butch (formerly Yankee) Staffy Boy with deformed leg Image022
Kazza
Kazza
Admin

Number of posts : 2278

Back to top Go down

In foster care: Butch (formerly Yankee) Staffy Boy with deformed leg Empty Re: In foster care: Butch (formerly Yankee) Staffy Boy with deformed leg

Post  Doggymad Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:02 am

he was on the board as Yankee ' but only cause they ran outa names haha the kids are calling him Big Butch and by god does he live up to his name ' hes a real little short but stocky staff ' never stops wagging his tail and just wants to play ' he is finaly gone to sleep on the couch ' he is not house trained as he has cocked his leg in lots of places surprised but i,m sure he,l cop on after a few days of being in the house ' he thinks haveing kids live with him is great ' he keeps licking them and following them ' and already Kirsty as him sitting and waiting ' He thinks its all great ' he met the pups and thought they could play with him smile he has a sore ear and is on antibiotics for it ' not bothering him though xx hes a very greatful kind pet dog to have ' and wen you see him staggering around it just breaks your heart xxx
Doggymad
Doggymad
Top Dog

Number of posts : 3252
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Doggymad Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:10 am

This guy is with me ' and he is a little Star ' Big Butch is his name ' and he has a very sad appealing face ' if anyone can offer him a rescue space it would be great ' he is not house trained yet ' but he wil be after liveing here for a few days :) he will need to go to a home were he,l be in the house geten lots of TLC ' i feel so sorry for him ' the vet wreckons hes only bout 18 mts ' he sits on command and loves goin for a walk ' hes very loyal and sits very close to you wen u sit down ' wil get some more pics up later xx
if anyone knows of a good home for him let me know xx
Doggymad
Doggymad
Top Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Kazza Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:12 am

Have merged these 2 topics to stop it getting confusing.
Kazza
Kazza
Admin

Back to top Go down

In foster care: Butch (formerly Yankee) Staffy Boy with deformed leg Empty Butch

Post  charlie Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:33 am

WOW he's gorgeous! Well done for taking him , hope he finds his forever home soon.
charlie
charlie
Top Dog

Number of posts : 1280

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilliput Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:04 am

This boy is really super-friendly! happy to see anyone and ready to give lots of kisses for a bit of belly rub!! smile

"Someone at the door, have to go and see"
In foster care: Butch (formerly Yankee) Staffy Boy with deformed leg 100_1142

"I know Rachel you have something for me in there"
In foster care: Butch (formerly Yankee) Staffy Boy with deformed leg 100_1166

"I am so happy today!!! I want to kiss everyone!!"
In foster care: Butch (formerly Yankee) Staffy Boy with deformed leg 100_1173

"hi puppy, wanna play?"
In foster care: Butch (formerly Yankee) Staffy Boy with deformed leg 100_1179

Relaxing staffie-style
In foster care: Butch (formerly Yankee) Staffy Boy with deformed leg 100_1188

"Go puppies, let's play"
In foster care: Butch (formerly Yankee) Staffy Boy with deformed leg 100_1195

"Maybe I am too big to play with you"
In foster care: Butch (formerly Yankee) Staffy Boy with deformed leg 100_1203
Lilliput
Lilliput
Top Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Heinz57 Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:08 am

What a cutie!!! He looks like he knows he hit the jack-pot ending up in foster with you. !! Rachel you're the best!!!
Heinz57
Heinz57
Top Dog

Number of posts : 1184

Back to top Go down

Post  Doggymad Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:12 am

ah thanx for puten them up ' i love him already ' he is a little bith boisterious with the kids as he thinks he can rough play with them but is learning that we say AH AH AH he walks away ' gona bring him for a walk later with a few of my doggy friends he seems to love company ' hes a bit over weight and gets breathless after 2 min and as to lye down ' my heart breaks wen i watch him staggering around ' can everyone please listen out for a good indoor home for him ' homecheck will be carried out ' and he needs someone who wil give him lots of TLC xxx
Doggymad
Doggymad
Top Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Doggymad Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:21 am

ah hes so good he slept all night on his new Eskimo bed in the middle of the sitting room ' not destructive at all ' he was clean all night ...... but he wouldnt go out to do a wee for me cause it was raining ten min later he left a huge puddle on the kitchen floor' my mistake next time i,l be putting the lead on and walking him all the way out to the grass Laughing he was a bit boisterios with Jamie yesterday but is gradualy learning that you av to be gentle with kids ' right now hes asleep on Jamies lap on the couch ' so there becoming best friends ' Butch follows paddy everywere so he obviously had a male owner ' paddy keeps saying why do i never get dogs dat like women haha everytime he turns around Butch is right beside him ' but he loves him aswel xx
Doggymad
Doggymad
Top Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Doggymad Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:01 am

poor Butch has had to go back to the vets he has very bad Canker of the ear and scratched it until it bled ' he got very cranky and his earing was getting worse ' and cause he was built like a tank i couldnt risk haveing hin in the house with the kids ' he is ok with them but if they make sudden movemaents or pat him without him seeing them first he gets a fright so would defo suit a home with no young kids ' he has to stay in the vets for a few days and then sadly into kennels for 2 weeks then he will be goin to a fantastic girl in Clare who will teach him some basic skills and has no kids so she can help him better than me ' so Martina would appreciate any donations towards his kenneling' i wil try get some money up myself as i feel guilty but all help appreciated xxxxxx thanx xx
Doggymad
Doggymad
Top Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  celticpitbulls Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:38 pm

ahh he's relay lovely i hope he finds the home he deserves relay.. love

Last edited by celticpitbulls on Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:55 am; edited 1 time in total
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Top Dog

Number of posts : 542
Registration date : 2008-04-11

http://www.freewebs.com/celticpitbulls12

Back to top Go down

Post  Kazza Thu May 29, 2008 1:47 am

Any update on Butch?
Kazza
Kazza
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxi Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:20 am

Just to let everyone know, i'm taking yankee for a few weeks and am collecting him tonight, i'm like a kid at christmas. Last night i bought a new doggy bed (its a gigantic doggy pillow - €20 in the mill shopping centre in clondalkin and its washable- no bad eh) toys, Dog collar, bones and loads of food. Yankee will be in doggy heaven. I will update asap smile

Maxi
Top Dog

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Kazza Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:28 pm

Here's a quick summary of Yankee to date from his previous fosterer....

YANKEE is a disabled one and a half year old Staffordshire Bull Terrier. He was born with a deformed front leg which causes him no pain but does slow him down a bit, and he is deaf in one ear. He is neutered , fully vaccinated and fully house trained. He LOVES people and company and is very good with other dogs and is living currently with two cats and 2 other dogs.

He is a great character who charms everyone he meets and is very playful, however long walks are too difficult for him. He is excellent on the lead. He loves trips in the car and sleeping on the couch. He can be left in the house alone for 2 to 3 hours and is not destructive.

He would be a good companion for an existing dog or would also be happy as the only dog.

Typically of his breed he can be bouncy ( yes even on 3 legs!) so a home with older children ( over 14 ) or none at all would suit best.

If you are looking for a loyal companion to take for short walks and share your home please contact Martina on 086 2228902.

Home checks will be carried out and back up support provided.
Kazza
Kazza
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxi Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:22 am

Collected Yankee on Friday. I thought when the vet brought him out to me, he would hobbling etc... Boy was i wrong, he charged at me and bombarded me with kisses, then lay on the floor for belly rubs. He was a "gentleman" in the car - took him a few mins to find his spot and lay there for the remainder of the trip. On way home, rang my OH to tell him i found the vets ok and tell him how great yankee is, got pulled over by the police and recieved 2 penalty points and an €80 fine. Yankee's well worth it though Wink
My OH came out to greet him and my god, yankee loves him, i agree with what Doggymad said in a previous post, he LOVES men, when the OH is around, i don't get a second glance!!
He sleeps in the spare room upstairs on his doggy bed and there isn't a sound from him besides the snoring.
He is totally house trained and goes to the back door when he wants to go out.
He gets around like every other dog, he goes up and down the stairs, jumps on the beds, sofa's etc. He loves playing chasing in the back garden and gets really excited and licks you to death. I bring him for small walks daily, nothing too demanding.
He has lost a good bit of weight since the last pictures were taken and hopefully i'll have some new one's for you tomorrow.
I do think he would thrive in a house with other doggys as companions. Have been in the company of good few doggys on our daily walks and gets along fine with them. He is a total people person and loves affection and attention. All the neighbours love him so he's not short of belly rubs.
Have heard him bark once so far and that was because OH was coming in from work and yankee was up on the sofa looking out the window and seen him and got all excited. He is a very undemanding dog. I am holding onto him for 3 weeks and hopefully his forever home will find him in the meantime. Please please, don't let the fact that this gentleman has 3 legs put you off, Yankee deserves a family that he can call his own permanently.

Maxi
Top Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilliput Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:32 am

can't wait to see more pictures of this handosme boy I love you
thanks Maxi for the great update, I am sure he will be spolied rotten with you thumbsup
...ooops Embarassed and sorry for the penalty poins and fine Rolling Eyes
Lilliput
Lilliput
Top Dog

Back to top Go down

In foster care: Butch (formerly Yankee) Staffy Boy with deformed leg Empty Yankee

Post  Maxi Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:46 am

In foster care: Butch (formerly Yankee) Staffy Boy with deformed leg Yankee10

In foster care: Butch (formerly Yankee) Staffy Boy with deformed leg Yankee11

In foster care: Butch (formerly Yankee) Staffy Boy with deformed leg Yankee12

In foster care: Butch (formerly Yankee) Staffy Boy with deformed leg Yankee13

In foster care: Butch (formerly Yankee) Staffy Boy with deformed leg Yankee14

In foster care: Butch (formerly Yankee) Staffy Boy with deformed leg Yankee15

Maxi
Top Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilliput Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:07 am

he's even cuter than I remember !!! I love you what a lovely face...
he looks really happy and comfy there with you Maxi, well done thumbsup
Lilliput
Lilliput
Top Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Doggymad Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:44 am

ah hes lovely ' he has lost weight which is a good thing cause he was a bit on the larger side lmao
wen he was with me he was in pain with his ear and i couldnt risk my kids annoying him wile he was feeling grumpy with the pain ' but he is a good boy ' great to hear hes better now and getting lots of TLC xxxxx your doing another great job xxxx I love you
Doggymad
Doggymad
Top Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  egar Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:03 pm

Oh my, what a cutie pie!!! Can someone forward me a suitable text for him with contact details etc and a few nice pics and I put him up on the EGAR website as guest re-homing.
egar
egar
Top Dog

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2008-08-22

http://www.egar.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxi Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:18 am

Would one of the FOB moderators be able to do this as i don't have edgar's contact details - hopefully we will be able to find his forever home sooner as i can only hold him until the 14th sept as I have 3 day work course in cork the following week.
Quick update - my little buddy is doing great. He really loves any human affection and adores other doggys big or small. Had him out on a longer walk yesterday and he was great. By god he can run fast when he wants to.
He has a dust mite allergy which he's been treated and is under control with steroid tablets - half a tablet every second day except Sat, Sun and mon - where he gets half tablet every day. No problems with his ear but still have to give him drops every second day and not a bother to him - i just put them in his ears while he's asleep.
I've said it before and i'll say it again, i feel yankee would thrive in an environment with other dogs as companions - he's a fantastic all rounder.
My mam and niece have been doggy sitting him for last 2 days while i've been in work and i collect him on the way home. It so funny, this morning, did the usual, woke up, let yankee out the back garden to do his business, gave him tablet. got his stuff ready to bring down to mam and loaded it in car - yankee got in the car and sat in front seat and would not move - so closed front gates, left car door open and got my niece to watch him while i got ready. He didn't move from car. Got into car and the tail start wagging and he got all excited just because we were going in the car. It was so funny.He is a typical wiggly, friendly, loveable cuddle monster of a staffy.

Maxi
Top Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Kazza Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:35 am

Hi Sarah,

If you right click on any of the pictures on this thread and then "copy image address" you can then paste it into your forum and the pictures will appear in the thread.

I'll do up a blurb about him and email it to you.

Karen.
Kazza
Kazza
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Floyd2006 Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:04 pm

Hi Maxi, my name is Davi, I'm new to Friends of Ben. wave I was having a look at dogs for rehoming and came across the gorgeous Butch! Since my baby Floyd passed away I've been looking for another wee puppy with personality. Floyd was an American Pit and a total ambassador for the breed, he even tried to get baby kittens to feed from him! Bit eejit.

Anyway, I'm moving house to a (supposedly) pet friendly one. I'll be meeting with the landlord on Wednesday and I was hoping that Butch hasn't been snapped up by some lucky git!

If all goes well I'd be able to offer him a home in a beautiful secluded house in the Wicklow mountains, with plenty of forest walks and heaps of company. Of course a homecheck would be welcomed, I used to do some volunteer work for different agencies so I understand the proceedures. Sorry this is such a long and wandering reply, he's so beautiful he's distracting love
Floyd2006
Floyd2006
Junior

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next