Friends Of Ben
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Urgent Rescue/Foster needed - Collie Cross *gone to rescue*

4 posters

Go down

Urgent Rescue/Foster needed - Collie Cross *gone to rescue* Empty Urgent Rescue/Foster needed - Collie Cross *gone to rescue*

Post  Kazza Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:38 pm

I have been contacted by an elderly couple who have a young (1-2 year old) Collie Cross who has become too much for them. I don't think they realised that Collie's are active dogs and were hoping for a dog that would relax quietly in their house. However it hasn't worked out that way and the dog is now chained up in the garden. They will be surrendering this dog into the pound if we can't find something for him asap. Is there anyone out there who can offer this young dog a foster and a rescue space please? He's only young and deserves a chance at a long happy life with people who are willing to provide him with a nice home and the exercise and training that he needs.

THIS SITUATION IS URGENT. IT TOOK A LOT OF PERSUASION TO STOP THEM FROM GOING TO THE POUND TODAY!!!!
Kazza
Kazza
Admin

Number of posts : 2278
Registration date : 2008-02-08

http://www.friendsofbendogrescue.com

Back to top Go down

Urgent Rescue/Foster needed - Collie Cross *gone to rescue* Empty Re: Urgent Rescue/Foster needed - Collie Cross *gone to rescue*

Post  GSD Lifeline Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:15 pm

Would Heathlands take another?
GSD Lifeline
GSD Lifeline
Top Dog

Number of posts : 107

http://www.walesgsdrescue.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Urgent Rescue/Foster needed - Collie Cross *gone to rescue* Empty Re: Urgent Rescue/Foster needed - Collie Cross *gone to rescue*

Post  Mary1 Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:39 pm

How long would it be for. Any pics
Mary1
Mary1
Top Dog

Number of posts : 525
Registration date : 2008-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Kazza Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:01 pm

We're working on finding him a rescue space at the moment. He will need to be neutered and vax'd so won't be able to travel until that's done - hopefully no more than 3 weeks.
Kazza
Kazza
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mary1 Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:33 am

I am full but if u can find no one else and he is not a barker(neighbours aint to happy when i have barkers) i will take him.
Mary1
Mary1
Top Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Mary1 Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:26 am

Any news on this lad.
Mary1
Mary1
Top Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Kazza Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:38 am

Not yet Mary. We're still working on it and he's still with his current owners.
Kazza
Kazza
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mary1 Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:40 am

Dont know if u got my pm. I have room now if needed.
Mary1
Mary1
Top Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Mary1 Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:52 am

Any more news on this lad.
Mary1
Mary1
Top Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Kazza Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:01 am

The owners have decided to keep this guy smile They've been speaking to a couple of people and have taken some advice on board about how to handle him and things seem to have improved so they're going to persevere.
Kazza
Kazza
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mary1 Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:05 am

Oh great. Hopefully things will work out.
Mary1
Mary1
Top Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilliput Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:05 am

cheers I am so happy to read this!!! I am glad that the owners asked for help before giving up on him, sometimes it just takes some common sense and a bit of patience...
Thanks Mary for your offer of help, as usual Wink
Lilliput
Lilliput
Top Dog

Number of posts : 3575

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down