Friends Of Ben
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Out and safe: Surrender: Female Brown & White Staffie X - Dundalk Dogs

3 posters

Go down

Out and safe: Surrender: Female Brown & White Staffie X - Dundalk Dogs Empty Out and safe: Surrender: Female Brown & White Staffie X - Dundalk Dogs

Post  Lilliput Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:44 am

Animal name/reference number: 4224
Sex: Female
Located: Dundalk Pound
If in pound is stray/surrender: Surrender
Needs help/out by date: NOW
General comments: Brown & White Staffie X

Out and safe: Surrender: Female Brown & White Staffie X - Dundalk Dogs 4224

--------------------
Please contact the following if you can offer rescue, foster, financial help:
Ann (086) 8237208 or Roisin (087) 6361349
or email dundalkdogrescueATyahoo.co.uk

Last edited by Lilliput on Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lilliput
Lilliput
Top Dog

Number of posts : 3575
Registration date : 2008-02-08

http://www.friendsofbendogrescue.com

Back to top Go down

Out and safe: Surrender: Female Brown & White Staffie X - Dundalk Dogs Empty Re: Out and safe: Surrender: Female Brown & White Staffie X - Dundalk Dogs

Post  glic83 Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:53 am

has this dog been mislabeled i dont see much if any staff in her?
glic83
glic83
Top Dog

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-11-24

Back to top Go down

Out and safe: Surrender: Female Brown & White Staffie X - Dundalk Dogs Empty Re: Out and safe: Surrender: Female Brown & White Staffie X - Dundalk Dogs

Post  Lilliput Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:31 am

I agree with you but unfortunately when the dogs are brought to the pound is up to the dog warden to write in their book what type of dog it is and the dog will be rehomed accordingly. It's a pity because some dogs might miss their chance to be rehomed sometimes just because of a wrong judgment on their breed Sad
If a dog in this country is unlucky enough to even slightly resemble a staffy or a pitbull...that's it, that might be his sentence to death Evil or Very Mad
Lilliput
Lilliput
Top Dog

Back to top Go down

Out and safe: Surrender: Female Brown & White Staffie X - Dundalk Dogs Empty Brown and white staffie x girl

Post  Missymoo Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:45 am

Just an update on this little girl.

I called her Becky but when I got her papers at the pound it was Thia. She went last week to the UK and has been homed to a family with young children. I contacted the previous owners to get further info and I asked why did he surrender her. The reason I got was that he had been working from home when he got her first in July at 8 weeks old and now this has changed and she was on her own a lot. I asked was he aware that she could have been pts as staffies or crosses stand little chance in Dundalk. He hadnt and didnt think for a minute that she would have been pts as she was so friendly. Becky was born in May last. I wonder where the rest of her litter are? Becky is a little sweetheart and shared a kennel with Lucy the so called whippet x who isnt that at all. She travelled to the same rescue with Lucy.

Missymoo
Junior

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilliput Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:28 am

that's a really great news that she is doing so well in the uk cheers
it is shocking though to know that people still are not aware that when they surrender a dog to the pound they could be pts Sad
I thought that the pound would give this information to the people surrendering a dog - am I wrong??

Anyway I am really glad for this girl and her friend Lucy. Without your help they would have never had the chance of a new life clapping
Lilliput
Lilliput
Top Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down