Friends Of Ben
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

for Flukespad

+6
Heinz57
Lilliput
Kazza
Doggymad
flukespad
Boxerly
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

for Flukespad - Page 2 Empty Re: for Flukespad

Post  flukespad Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:34 pm

Awww bless him so good to see him doing so well.Thank you thank you thank you for all your ard work with him.
flukespad
flukespad
Top Dog

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2008-02-14

http://www.futuresfordogs.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxerly Tue May 06, 2008 4:52 am

Just had Robbie at vets for second vax and wormer,when I first got him he was only 3 kilos got him weighed today and he is 7.58 kilos smile smile vet was thrilled with him smile smile
Boxerly
Boxerly
Top Dog

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 06, 2008 6:27 am

Well done Elaine cheers thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxerly Sat May 10, 2008 5:31 am

I better stock up on kleenex :) Robbie is going tomorrow and I dont know who will be worse...me or the kids smile smile smile he is such a special little man love love cant wait till he gets a new forever home as he will be sooo happy and make a super pet love loves everyone even dogs and met my cat face to face and tried to groom her xx very cute love
Boxerly
Boxerly
Top Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Mary1 Mon May 12, 2008 11:41 am

Robbie is here with me and im in love. What a lovely friendly boy.
Mary1
Mary1
Top Dog

Number of posts : 525
Registration date : 2008-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxerly Mon May 12, 2008 12:04 pm

aww glad to hear he is ok,my daughter was sobbing her heart out when he got into Carols car.Give him a big kiss from us love love
Boxerly
Boxerly
Top Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Mary1 Mon May 12, 2008 2:14 pm

I will do. Getting on great with my lot.
Mary1
Mary1
Top Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  flukespad Mon May 12, 2008 11:00 pm

Look forward to meeting this little gang on Thursday.They are honoured as am personnally going along to collect them for you :)
flukespad
flukespad
Top Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Mary1 Tue May 13, 2008 1:29 am

They couldnt be in safer hands. smile
Mary1
Mary1
Top Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Idle_Angel Tue May 13, 2008 2:15 am

You and the kids did a great job with him Elaine. He's such a little cuddle monster and he was so good in the car. He's going to be a fine dog thumbsup
Idle_Angel
Idle_Angel
Senior

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxerly Tue May 13, 2008 2:52 am

Aw thanks Carol smile he is a dote love poor Amy was heartbroken she went to bed talking about him but Tia jumped in beside her and she was fine 3dogs thanks for giving him a lift to Mary thumbsup
Boxerly
Boxerly
Top Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Idle_Angel Tue May 13, 2008 3:13 am

Aww, the poor little thing, I really felt for her. I get attached enough to some of them after only a short transport, if I fostered I'd be a disaster! Still, hopefully we'll get loads of updates for :star: Amy :star:
Idle_Angel
Idle_Angel
Senior

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxerly Wed May 14, 2008 4:14 am

Well she is still missing him poor mite Sad does anyone else feel relly bad and guilty when a foster goes and their child is very upset??people make it worse by saying "how could ye do that to a child its very hard for them"are they right??or does it make them stronger and appreciate what they do have???will it make them cope better with loss or even death when they grow up???she just says the odd time "i miss robbie" but the other day she was sobbing and they were real tears not like crocodile tears that kids seem to use at certain moments....well whats your views ????
Boxerly
Boxerly
Top Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Kazza Wed May 14, 2008 4:23 am

Ok, I'll put my professional hat on for a minute (I'm a play therapist which is basically like a counsellor for kids). In my (humble) opinion, a happy well adjusted child is one who has experienced a wide range of emotions and situations, and has the support needed to guide them through these situations. Handling children with excessive kid gloves is not doing them any favours in the future. I'm not saying we should deliberately put our children in situations where they're going to be upset or hurt etc., but for something like fostering, where a child has a fantastic opportunity to develop real life skills and a healthy and caring attitude towards animals, as long as they have the correct support mechanisms in place (e.g. a parent who can comfort them), then I don't believe that the sadness they feel when a foster dog leaves will do them any harm at any stage in the future. On the contrary, I think developing the skills to cope with these situations will actually be beneficial to them in the future.
Kazza
Kazza
Admin

Number of posts : 2278
Registration date : 2008-02-08

http://www.friendsofbendogrescue.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilliput Wed May 14, 2008 4:25 am

I don't have kids myself but I always have a lot of visiting kids from the neighbours and for them I am the mad woman who always have different dogs. They loved the three puppies I had in foster but yesterday I had to tell them that they were gone and they were looking at me and saying 'ok, but when will they be back?'. They are too young to understand the fostering-rescue situation so I am always struggling trying to explain to them what I do with all these dogs...and where they are going after they leave my house.
But then yesterday they came back to my house and asked: 'When are you getting more puppies?' 3dogs damn
Lilliput
Lilliput
Top Dog

Number of posts : 3575

Back to top Go down

Post  Mary1 Wed May 14, 2008 4:59 am

My kids were the same, especially when they would fall for a certain dog. I explained to them what we were doing and they were helping in saving the dogs. they have got used to it now but like with these puppies i had i try not to let them get to close to them like naming them, saying that this litter of puppies had so many names, they all gave them dif ones.
I do find that my kids are turning into me concering animals if they see dogs on the street by themselves they want to bring them home, trying to explain that no, the dogs shouldnt be out by themselves and that they do have owners, sometimes gets a bit hard. Heard Ashley my 8 yr old giving out to a man one day about not minding his dog Embarassed Though think the man might have listened havent seen dog out alone since.
Mary1
Mary1
Top Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxerly Wed May 14, 2008 5:23 am

Thanks Kazza thats made me alot happier and was what I was kinda thinking,she is a softy like myself Ive noticed lately that she is really noticing things like dogs on their own or dogs who arent looked after properly.Yesterday we found a very old little dog who was out alone in the dead heat with no id tags,this was on the way home from school and nearly got run over so I took Tias lead off and put it on him and carried Tia and walked around the estate for a full hour poor kids we must have knocked on about 25 doors in the end a little boy recognized the dog and we got the owner who looked a bit surprised.She said aw he is grand he goes for a wander and comes back,I said he was nearly hit by 2 cars,I actually had to wave a fella down to stop Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad she said he was kept in a box all his life and now likes freedom so I explained about id tags,warden and the dangers of the road.I was so peed off my 3 kids wreaked with the heat and for what nothing.Amy my 6 year old turned around and said "well that was a waste of time wasnt it"I nearly died hehehehehe but she was right.The owner will prob let him out again Evil or Very Mad she said he is 9 but he is very old looking and cant take the heat,some people drive me barney Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Boxerly
Boxerly
Top Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Heinz57 Wed May 14, 2008 6:56 am

Jamie has sobbed his little heart out plenty of times when foster dogs has had to move on (like his mammy...) but I keep telling him it's good tears. I'd be more worried if he never got upset. I know how hard it is to see them that upset but it means that you are rasing lovely caring children. love 3dogs
Heinz57
Heinz57
Top Dog

Number of posts : 1184

Back to top Go down

Post  B'witched Wed May 14, 2008 7:18 am

Just to let you all know that all the puppies (Boxerly's and Mary's) are now on transport to the UK and Flukespad safe and sound. thumbsup
B'witched
B'witched
Top Dog

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxerly Wed May 14, 2008 7:25 am

Thats great news thanks for the update smile cant wait to see them all settled in their new homes
Boxerly
Boxerly
Top Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  flukespad Thu May 15, 2008 6:35 am

Just to let you know the loonies have landed safely Laughing All six been to vets vaxed where needed chipped and had health check.Now running around in puppy run blissfully unaware they are about to have the dreaded baths as not coming in my house in that state lol
flukespad
flukespad
Top Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilliput Thu May 15, 2008 7:52 am

We are still waiting for pics... Rolling Eyes
Lilliput
Lilliput
Top Dog

Number of posts : 3575

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxerly Thu May 15, 2008 8:00 am

yippppeeeeeeeeeeee Im delighted they arrived safe and sound was so worried about me likkle Robbie,Amy keeps asking about him so when ye get a chance to catch your breath we demand photos smile
Boxerly
Boxerly
Top Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Mary1 Thu May 15, 2008 8:03 am

brilliant.
Mary1
Mary1
Top Dog