Friends Of Ben
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Out and safe: Dunboyne Surrender - Benny, GSD

5 posters

Go down

Out and safe: Dunboyne Surrender - Benny, GSD Empty Out and safe: Dunboyne Surrender - Benny, GSD

Post  Lilliput Sat May 03, 2008 10:17 am

Dog name: Benny
Sex: Male
Kennel number: 5
Located: Dunboyne Pound
Picked up: n/a
If in pound is stray/surrender? Surrender
In: 2nd May 2008
Needs out: ASAP

Beautiful GSD, about 3 years old. He is a bit unsure of the pound but friendly and likes people attention. If you can help him please post, pm or call Martina is 086 2228902.

Out and safe: Dunboyne Surrender - Benny, GSD 100_1398

Out and safe: Dunboyne Surrender - Benny, GSD 100_1402

Last edited by Lilliput on Tue May 06, 2008 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lilliput
Lilliput
Top Dog

Number of posts : 3575
Registration date : 2008-02-08

http://www.friendsofbendogrescue.com

Back to top Go down

Out and safe: Dunboyne Surrender - Benny, GSD Empty Benny

Post  charlie Sat May 03, 2008 11:01 am

What a gorgeous shep.Did the owners give a reason for surrender?
He looks in really good condition.
charlie
charlie
Top Dog

Number of posts : 1280
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Out and safe: Dunboyne Surrender - Benny, GSD Empty Re: Out and safe: Dunboyne Surrender - Benny, GSD

Post  Heinz57 Sat May 03, 2008 11:31 am

He's stunning. love
Heinz57
Heinz57
Top Dog

Number of posts : 1184

Back to top Go down

Out and safe: Dunboyne Surrender - Benny, GSD Empty Re: Out and safe: Dunboyne Surrender - Benny, GSD

Post  Lilliput Sat May 03, 2008 1:15 pm

They don't keep any record in the pound about the reasons a dog is surrendered - or anyway I wasn't given any reason. I could not even get the real name of this boy No He's not in bad conditions but he'll do with some brushing and a bit of more weight. I felt a bit sorry for him today because he was scared and was obviously looking for his owner... :cry:
Lilliput
Lilliput
Top Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Mary1 Sat May 03, 2008 3:18 pm

Would the pound not be better telling why the dog is surrended. At least that way, if its a genuine reason, the dog would go to the right home for him.
Mary1
Mary1
Top Dog

Number of posts : 525
Registration date : 2008-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilliput Sun May 04, 2008 12:36 am

I know some pounds release this information to the public - why a dog is surrendered - but I think there are few considerations that can be made about this.
First, there can be a lot of reasons why someone would surrender a dog, sometimes can be a silly reason - e.g. we changed the carpet in the living room - sometimes can be a more serious reason even very personal. If you were going to surrender your dog for a personal reason, you would not want to tell your business to a stranger in the pound, even more you would not like this reason being disclosed to the public. This is why sometimes people make funny excuses for surrender a dog...maybe they just don't want to say the real why. So basically that means that we are never sure that the reason they surrender a dog is the real reason and if the information is not true, this could affect the chance of the dog being rehomed.
On top of this, I think there is a law that protects personal information...

Having said that, I can't think of any good reason why anyone would surrender their own dog to the pound, but I was once told..."it's easy to judge but you never know what is the reality behind it".

I also think that it would be good if at least we could get the real name of the dog, so that the dog has some element of familiarity with his new environment.
Lilliput
Lilliput
Top Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Doggymad Sun May 04, 2008 1:52 am

people generaly tell lies wen there leaven dogs into the pound ' i think it makes them feel better ....... so even if you are given reasons its not always the truth
Doggymad
Doggymad
Top Dog

Number of posts : 3252

Back to top Go down

Post  Mary1 Sun May 04, 2008 4:41 am

What i meant was if say for some reason the dog hates cats, or say he is very mouthy would the people that surrended him be better of telling. But then again as u say who knows what the truth is.
Just thought as well the dogs that are either found and brought to the pound for what ever reason sure we dont know their history either.
I suppose all we can do is help, whatever the reason maybe.
Mary1
Mary1
Top Dog

Number of posts : 525
Registration date : 2008-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilliput Sun May 04, 2008 4:47 am

I totally agree with you Mary, more than the reason why the dog was surrendered it would be more useful to know for example if the dog has lived with children, other dogs or cats, ot any sort of information that can be very useful when placing the dog in a foster home or permanent home. Maybe each pound could have a questionnaire that owners can fill in with general information about the dog...it's just a suggestion Wink
Lilliput
Lilliput
Top Dog

Back to top Go down

Out and safe: Dunboyne Surrender - Benny, GSD Empty surrender details

Post  charlie Sun May 04, 2008 4:59 am

thats a great idea, details such as name, age, health, likes & dislikes would be really helpful if the owners were in a position to give the info freely & anonymously.
charlie
charlie
Top Dog

Number of posts : 1280

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down