Friends Of Ben
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PEACEFUL PROTEST DUBLIN 04TH SEPT 1PM

5 posters

Go down

PEACEFUL PROTEST DUBLIN 04TH SEPT 1PM Empty PEACEFUL PROTEST DUBLIN 04TH SEPT 1PM

Post  carolinecor Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:35 pm

Dublin City Council are trying to implement a ban on restricted breeds being owned by council tenants, this is discrimination at its very least and it is an infringement on your human rights, responsible dog owners and council tenants are being treated as second class citizens in yet another example of Ireland's two-tier Society.

Just because some people can’t afford to buy their home does not make council tenants irresponsible or incapable of controlling and owning a dog regardless of breed,
Council tenants have till September 30th to neuter and microchip their dogs or face eviction.

There has been no change in legislation and there has been no bylaws passed
This is just intimidation and bullying by Dublin City Council and if we lie down and accept this what will be next???

We must remind our councillors we have a very important election coming up in 2009 and if any council parties are supporting discrimination in turning council tenants into second class citizens we can fix this next year in the election!

we all need to stand together, this also effects where we can walk our dogs most of the parks and roads are owned by the council, how are we suppose to socialize our dogs, these dogs are not illegal in this country but it is being made impossible to own one ,

This is just the first step up the ladder for a nation wide ban , if DCC get away with this other councils will follow.

Deed NOT Breed Dublin is a group of volunteers who will be organising a peaceful protest outside Dublin City Council building Fishamble Street On Thursday September 4th @ 1pm

** (NO DOGS PLEASE) **

Contact Deed NOT Breed Dublin and show your support in joining this protest and stand up for your rights and to own a dog regardless of breed.

**We all know dogs are not the problem here irresponsible owners are! **

For more information contact: Deed Not Breed Dublin, 086-8479326/086-3085541

Last edited by carolinecor on Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
carolinecor
carolinecor
Senior

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

PEACEFUL PROTEST DUBLIN 04TH SEPT 1PM Empty Re: PEACEFUL PROTEST DUBLIN 04TH SEPT 1PM

Post  Doggymad Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:41 pm

i,l be there even though i,m not a DCC tenant ' but i think its disgraceful the way others are being dicriminated against .... we ALL have to stand together on this one ' cheers
Doggymad
Doggymad
Top Dog

Number of posts : 3252
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

PEACEFUL PROTEST DUBLIN 04TH SEPT 1PM Empty Re: PEACEFUL PROTEST DUBLIN 04TH SEPT 1PM

Post  Kazza Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:44 pm

I'll make sure I'm there also.
Kazza
Kazza
Admin

Number of posts : 2278
Registration date : 2008-02-08

http://www.friendsofbendogrescue.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Doggymad Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:50 pm

good you have a date i was getting sick of people asking me wen was it since Lillys radio interview ' atleast now i can tell people wen it is ' everyone seems to want to supprt Lilly on her discrimination aspect of it yahoo
Doggymad
Doggymad
Top Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilliput Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:59 pm

thanks for posting this, I have just moved the thread to the appropriate section of the forum...
we'll try to spread the word on as many people as possible and hopefully I will make it - have to check my work schedule first smile

there shouldn't be any discrimination against any particular breed of dogs and this City Council ban just makes no sense, I can't see how neutering and microchipping dogs is going to stop irresponsible owners scratch scratch
Lilliput
Lilliput
Top Dog

Number of posts : 3575

Back to top Go down

Post  carolinecor Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:01 pm

I am not a dcc tenant either but this is bsl and we all need to stand together, this also effects where we can walk our dogs and I live in a mostly council area, most of the parks and roads are owned by the council, we will have to smuggle our dogs in and out of our houses, how are we suppose to socialize our dogs if we have to wait for it to get dark to bring them out . if this law gets passed , the government will try to pass other laws and use the council law as an example and not only that , these dogs are not illegal in this country but it being made impossible to own one ,
This is just the first step up the ladder for a nation wide ban , if dcc get away with it other areas will follow?? nono
carolinecor
carolinecor
Senior

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Doggymad Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:25 am

so who is going from FOB ? this is your chance to stand up for what you believe in and fight for your rights and your dogs rights ' come on people get up now and do something about it !! this is going to effect EVERYBODY in some way so we should ALL be standing together to help the dogs 3dogs love
Doggymad
Doggymad
Top Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilliput Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:45 am

sorry I can't make it Sad
but I hope a lot of people will go because it is so important that we show our disagreement with this ban. Irresponsible ownership has nothing to do with the breed and even more with people living in City Council houses blink.
Lilliput
Lilliput
Top Dog

Number of posts : 3575

Back to top Go down

Post  Kazza Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:00 am

I will be there but I won't be able to stay for the whole thing as I have to work.
Kazza
Kazza
Admin

Number of posts : 2278

Back to top Go down

Post  mitchell Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:23 am

Sorry everyone. Would love to be there tomorrow but am at work.
Be good and keep it peaceful.
Take care
Cat x
mitchell
mitchell
Senior

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2008-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down