Friends Of Ben
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*GONE TO RESCUE* Kaya, injured Staff/PB Pup

+7
glic83
siofra
tripod
Doggymad
Amber133
carol08
Kazza
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

*GONE TO RESCUE* Kaya, injured Staff/PB Pup Empty *GONE TO RESCUE* Kaya, injured Staff/PB Pup

Post  Kazza Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:40 am

Need an experienced foster home, preferably with no young children and only very understanding dogs for now, for Kaya, an absolutely terrified 6 month old staffy x or possibly pitbull female. She needs a secure foster home for a while so that we can get a proper assessment of her temperament. She's in the vets at the moment and it looks like she's been in a fight.

*GONE TO RESCUE* Kaya, injured Staff/PB Pup DSC00177

She's even skinnier than she looks in this photo, poor little thing.
*GONE TO RESCUE* Kaya, injured Staff/PB Pup DSC00180

Playing with Sandy.
*GONE TO RESCUE* Kaya, injured Staff/PB Pup DSC00185

*GONE TO RESCUE* Kaya, injured Staff/PB Pup DSC00182

As you can see her injury is fairly severe. She'll be having surgery tomorrow or Friday on it.
*GONE TO RESCUE* Kaya, injured Staff/PB Pup DSC00187

Is there anyone out there that can offer her some TLC?

Last edited by Kazza on Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:11 pm; edited 3 times in total
Kazza
Kazza
Admin

Number of posts : 2278
Registration date : 2008-02-08

http://www.friendsofbendogrescue.com

Back to top Go down

*GONE TO RESCUE* Kaya, injured Staff/PB Pup Empty staf

Post  carol08 Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:12 am

are u sure she no use with other dogs im ment 2 be going away the wekend but id stay 2 help her if she ok with cassie
carol08
carol08
Top Dog

Number of posts : 325
Registration date : 2009-02-16

Back to top Go down

*GONE TO RESCUE* Kaya, injured Staff/PB Pup Empty Re: *GONE TO RESCUE* Kaya, injured Staff/PB Pup

Post  Kazza Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:22 am

Have somewhere for this girl for a few days from the weekend but will need somewhere for her from mid next week. She needs a lot of TLC, is very skinny and has had half her lower lip ripped by another dog by the looks of things. Just took Sandy down to meet her and she was delighted to play with him but she'll be having surgery over the next day or so and will need regular post op care so a quiet foster home, no young kids and only very understanding dogs.

Will upload photos now.

Last edited by Kazza on Tue May 05, 2009 7:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Kazza
Kazza
Admin

Back to top Go down

*GONE TO RESCUE* Kaya, injured Staff/PB Pup Empty Re: *GONE TO RESCUE* Kaya, injured Staff/PB Pup

Post  Kazza Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:21 pm

A short video of this lovely little girl

*GONE TO RESCUE* Kaya, injured Staff/PB Pup Th_MOV00186
Kazza
Kazza
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Amber133 Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:32 pm

Does she get on with your dog kazza
Amber133
Amber133
Top Dog

Number of posts : 348
Registration date : 2009-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Kazza Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:46 pm

I only tried her with Sandy Amber as he's very submissive with other dogs. I haven't tried her with Millie as she tends to be a bit more assertive. She really loved Sandy, and turned into a completely different dog when I brought him into the surgery. She went from this terrified puppy who cowered if you approached her, to a playful little puppy again.

The problem we have is that her injuries are quite severe and she will need to be in a foster home where there is another dog that will help her to settle in, but not be in her face or run the risk of making her injuries worse if she starts to play with them. We're not going to know until tomorrow or Friday how good a repair job can be done on her face. She may have to have her jaw strapped up for a while (worst case scenario) so if that happens, we may have to rethink the foster situation again.
Kazza
Kazza
Admin

Back to top Go down

*GONE TO RESCUE* Kaya, injured Staff/PB Pup Empty pit b

Post  carol08 Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:53 pm

what dirty evel pig could let that happen 2 a dog that makes me so bloddy mad ,she deff a pit and she still happy 2 play ,, il foster for a wile if you dont get any one the poor thing Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
carol08
carol08
Top Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Doggymad Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:53 pm

sweet little face xxx cant wait to get pics from Anne who always works magic I love you
Doggymad
Doggymad
Top Dog

Number of posts : 3252
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Amber133 Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:57 pm

Ah god fingers crossed, she wont have to go through too much xxxxxx Some people are just so evil ranting
Amber133
Amber133
Top Dog

Number of posts : 348
Registration date : 2009-02-18

Back to top Go down

*GONE TO RESCUE* Kaya, injured Staff/PB Pup Empty poor baby

Post  tripod Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:32 pm

OMG she is gorgeous love poor baby, hope she is not suffering too much.
Hopefully with a bit of kind treatment and pain relief she will start to come out of herself. She certainly acts like a typical teenager - poor Sandy! She needs some lessons in doggie etiquette, thats for sure!! So glad to see some typical behaviour from her.
As she is so young, hope her beauty will be restored smile
tripod
tripod
Top Dog

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2009-03-01

http://petcentraldogtraining.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

*GONE TO RESCUE* Kaya, injured Staff/PB Pup Empty pit b

Post  carol08 Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:52 pm

iv just been showing my 19 year old son the pics he cant belive some one could do that he says he will mind her and no one will touch her again smile he shocked and my christopher dosent bother with dogs he footi mad he giving out now that the pup is in that condition wants 2 go pull the owners lip off 4 letting her be hurt Sad
carol08
carol08
Top Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  siofra Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:21 am

id pull off more than the owners lip, that injury is making me cringe it looks so painful
siofra
siofra
Top Dog

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post  glic83 Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:16 am

poor girl hopefully now she will get the tlc she deserves love love love
glic83
glic83
Top Dog

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Kazza Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:11 am

Kaya is just out of surgery. The vet tried to stitch it as best she could but it was almost impossible. She's pulled it back as much as she can but there is a risk that it may break down.

Will update when I hear more.
Kazza
Kazza
Admin

Back to top Go down

*GONE TO RESCUE* Kaya, injured Staff/PB Pup Empty pbull

Post  carol08 Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:15 am

fingers crossed that she will be fine the poor dog I love you I love you
carol08
carol08
Top Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  celticpitbulls Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:44 am

for god sake poor little thing, she is beautiful, crossedfingers this will all work out for her love
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Top Dog

Number of posts : 542
Registration date : 2008-04-11

http://www.freewebs.com/celticpitbulls12

Back to top Go down

Post  tripod Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:21 pm

Poor Kaya is home with me at the moment. She is so much skinnier than her photos suggest. She is prob just under the six months as she still has a baby tooth here and there and no adult version. Poor baby prob can't teethe properly with the mouth injury.
She was very good in the car on the way home and then we stopped to go for a walk with Rufus. She did fine although I don't htink she has been leash trained so tried to follow Rufus everywhere - anything he did she tried!
She is cautious with people and fine with other dogs. She is starving poor mite so the feeding up has begun!
She is asleep in her crate here beside me at the moment. Hope she sleeps at night crossedfingers but if not thats ok too. She is very sweet and has started to come to me and will jump up for a cuddle.
Her recovery will hopefully be quick, she wants to be friends so badly. She will start to come out of her shell in no time. smile
tripod
tripod
Top Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Kazza Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:40 pm

Thanks for the update on this little darling ann. Glad to hear she's starting to come out of her shell. Hopefully she'll learn to trust people again soon after some tlc. Looking forward to some new photos!
Kazza
Kazza
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  glic83 Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:14 pm

poor thing at least she is on the mend now and she is in great hands
glic83
glic83
Top Dog

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Doggymad Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:17 pm

bless you anne for takeing her in xxxxx she has won everyones hearts xxx grouphug
Doggymad
Doggymad
Top Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  celticpitbulls Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:44 pm

so sad but so happy she's with you love
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Top Dog

Number of posts : 542
Registration date : 2008-04-11

http://www.freewebs.com/celticpitbulls12

Back to top Go down

*GONE TO RESCUE* Kaya, injured Staff/PB Pup Empty New pics of Kaya

Post  tripod Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:08 pm

Kaya is still doing well. She slept all night - I took her out late and then early but there wasn't a peep out of her in between. Her toilet training is going well and she hasn't had an accident inside yet (touch wood) but we have been going outside ALOT - her reward for toileting appropriatley is to come back inside straight away - she is still not comfortable with being outside.

She is eating lots and lots and lots and lots so hopefully her condition will improve soon. Her jaw looks very sore but sutures are still there crossedfingers Had her out to meet some people today and see how we would go. The first two people she met she was not impressed with - she went to the back of her crate and growled a little. We didn't push her and left her to herself. Later she met my friend and Kaya responded much better, eventually coming to the front of the crate and solicited some petting.

But the really good news is that her confidence with us here has really grown and everyone got a big cuddle and kisses from her this morning. And this evening she started to play yahoo so I think she is beginning to relax here at least. Started some training too and she will sit so far and come to her name.

She had great fun with a chasing a cat toy and a toy monkey this eve but is now out cold again after dinner I love you

*GONE TO RESCUE* Kaya, injured Staff/PB Pup IMGP0921

*GONE TO RESCUE* Kaya, injured Staff/PB Pup IMGP0918

*GONE TO RESCUE* Kaya, injured Staff/PB Pup IMGP0913

*GONE TO RESCUE* Kaya, injured Staff/PB Pup IMGP0912
tripod
tripod
Top Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Kazza Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:12 pm

Oh wow Ann, she looks so happy, a completely different dog to the one who arrived into the vets a few days ago.

Thanks so much for taking care of her for us and doing so much work with her, it certainly looks like she's going to be just fine with a bit more TLC!

I love you I love you I love you
Kazza
Kazza
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doggymad Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:15 pm

what a little heart breaker wub childdog kiss flowerbushfamily
Anne your a Gem flowerbushfamily
Doggymad
Doggymad
Top Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  charlie Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:22 pm

Kaya is a beautiful girk & well done Anne for giving her a chance to be a pup again I love you
charlie
charlie
Top Dog

Number of posts : 1280

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next