Friends Of Ben
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dunboyne Stray - Jessie - Gorgeous Staffy Girl *gone to rescue*

+5
Lilliput
Doggymad
Heinz57
Maxi
Kazza
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Dunboyne Stray - Jessie - Gorgeous Staffy Girl *gone to rescue* - Page 2 Empty Re: Dunboyne Stray - Jessie - Gorgeous Staffy Girl *gone to rescue*

Post  lillylalogue Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:22 am

jessie spent her first night here and shes definitely a lovely dog. she gave a few growls to my two dogs when she first met them but she gets on fine now with them! she also got on fine with the kids and almost ignored the bunnies (who were safely locked away from her!)
will take a couple pics of her later and put her up here.

lillylalogue
Senior

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Dunboyne Stray - Jessie - Gorgeous Staffy Girl *gone to rescue* - Page 2 Empty Re: Dunboyne Stray - Jessie - Gorgeous Staffy Girl *gone to rescue*

Post  Lilliput Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:11 pm

help
We urgently need a foster home for Jessie! Unfortunately she has a bad cough and cannot travel as planned. Her current fosterer can hold onto her until Thrursday only.
Please can anyone help Jessie? she is on medication and really needs a home where she can get better until she can travel to Sweden.
Lilliput
Lilliput
Top Dog

Number of posts : 3575
Registration date : 2008-02-08

http://www.friendsofbendogrescue.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxi Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:53 am

Oh no, What happened, The kennel cough was cleared up by the time she left me, Is she ok? I'm heading on Holidays tomorrow and wont be back untill the 8th August and only for that i would take her back in a flash - Please please can someone take her, she is fully house trained, sleeps for ireland, not food agressive, in fact hasn't got an agressive bone in her body. I understand its the holiday season, but please surely there is a kind fosterer out there that can shower the lovely Jessie with Love and affection and look after her untill she's ready to go - If she is still here when i come back from hols, i will fosterer her, no questions asked!!

Maxi
Top Dog

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilliput Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:28 am

Jessie had a relapse from her kennel cough and the vet decided that she wasn't fit to travel - it is in the best interest of the dog that she is in perfect health when she travels as it could be very stressful and make any existing condition worse. She is on medications now and she is well looked after smile we just need a nice foster home to come forward and to take her until she can travel. We'll post here any update we have on Jessie so don't worry Maxy, enjoy your holiday and thanks a lot for all you did for Jessie - hopefully she'll be already in Sweden by the time you're back crossedfingers
Lilliput
Lilliput
Top Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  lillylalogue Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:32 pm

jessie really is a lovely dog. heres a couple of pics of her with one of my dogs. she gets on well with him but argues a bit with my other!

https://2img.net/h/i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc127/lisajones13/grooming/digitalcamerapics1047.jpg
https://2img.net/h/i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc127/lisajones13/grooming/digitalcamerapics1046.jpg

lillylalogue
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post  lillylalogue Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:34 pm

Dunboyne Stray - Jessie - Gorgeous Staffy Girl *gone to rescue* - Page 2 Digita10

Dunboyne Stray - Jessie - Gorgeous Staffy Girl *gone to rescue* - Page 2 Digita11

lillylalogue
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilliput Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:49 pm

I can't believe the difference in size between Jessie and your S. Bernard affraid affraid ...he must be huge angeldavil
Jessie looks great, I hope her cough will clear soon. Thanks Lisa for looking after her thumbsup notworthy
Lilliput
Lilliput
Top Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Doggymad Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:02 pm

ah is big Jack looking after the lovely Jessie xxxx I love you
Doggymad
Doggymad
Top Dog

Number of posts : 3252
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxi Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:42 am

Thanks for putting up the pic's lisa, she looks great xx

Maxi
Top Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxi Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:32 am

Has a foster been found for jessie yet? Sorry for hassling you, its just i cannot get Jessie out of my head.

Maxi
Top Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilliput Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:41 am

Foster home for Jessie is sorted thumbsup
Lilliput
Lilliput
Top Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxi Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:26 am

Thank you, thank you, thank you, i can go on my holidays now with piece of mind smile Remember if she still needs a foster home when i come back, i will take her!!

Maxi
Top Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  lillylalogue Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:19 am

i would keep her myself no probs but she doesnt really get on with one of my dogs. i had to stop a bit of a fight the other day between her and my bitch. jack is fine with her tho and she is great with the kids. very gentle and sweet natured. as for her cough it only seems worse when she is over-excited. otherwise it doesnt seem to bother her tho. think the medication is definetely taking effect.

lillylalogue
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post  Kazza Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:56 am

As long as Jessie is fit to travel she'll be going on the next trip to Sweden on the 28th July. She's going into foster care with a woman called Ann, who fosters for Martina and she's going to hold her until she goes on holidays on the 24th, however Jessie will be looking for B&B again from the 24th until she can go to dogs aid on the 27th/28th so if anyone thinks they can hold onto her for a couple of days around then, that would be fantastic.

As for her not getting on with Lilyalogues other bitch - that's women for ya!!!!! Millie is the same - not a bother on her with male dogs and fine with other bitches as long as they realise that she's the boss smile:D:D
Kazza
Kazza
Admin

Number of posts : 2278

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilliput Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:11 am

I just drove Jessie to Dogs Aid for her last night in Ireland and wow, what a gorgeous lovely girl love
she's a stunner and I am sure she'll find a home very soon in Sweden! She's spending the night with Dogs Aid and will fly to Sweden early tomorrow.
Good luck Jessie and well done to everyone who helped this girl to start a new life thumbsup
Lilliput
Lilliput
Top Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxi Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:34 am

Any word on how jessie got on? would love to see some pics?

Maxi
Top Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Doggymad Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:51 am

i,l try find out today and let you know Wink xx
Doggymad
Doggymad
Top Dog

Number of posts : 3252
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  staffielover Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:02 am

She is beautiful - Staffies are a law unto themselves!!! They demand EVERYONE love them (whether they want to or not is immaterial Laughing )

I dont think I could ever be without a staffie in my life now, they are just so full of fun and are such little characters!! I always say, Bliss is a HUGE dog in a little body (in her mind anyway!)

Good luck Jessie, please give her a big squeezy hug from us here thumbsup

Lynn
xx

staffielover
Senior

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxi Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:04 pm

Hi All,

I know there is more important things going on at the moment but Jessie has really pulled at my heart strings Sad and i think about her often. Was just wondering, could anyone give me an update on how she's doing in Sweden - would love to see some updated photos of her. Thanks

Maxi
Top Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilliput Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:17 pm

Lilliput
Lilliput
Top Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxi Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:22 pm

OH MY GOD, she looks so.......... content, happy..... thank you lilliput, you have made my night yahoo

Maxi
Top Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  celticpitbulls Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:40 pm

its really lovely to hear these story's, she is beautiful I love you
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Top Dog

Number of posts : 542
Registration date : 2008-04-11

http://www.freewebs.com/celticpitbulls12

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2