Friends Of Ben
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buddy and Gizmo - CKC and Shih tzu girls *rehomed*

5 posters

Go down

Buddy and Gizmo - CKC and Shih tzu girls *rehomed* Empty Buddy and Gizmo - CKC and Shih tzu girls *rehomed*

Post  Kazza Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:04 pm

Meet Buddy and Gizmo. Buddy is the CKC and Gizmo is the Shih tzu and they're both approximately 4 years old
I received a phone call the other day from an old man which broke my heart. He has had these 2 since they were pups. Unfortunately, he is hardly able to walk any more and is waiting to go in for a hip replacement any day now and he can't take care of the dogs any more. He was broken hearted parting with them and made me promise that I'd find them a fantastic home and wouldn't separate them.

They are now in foster care with my sister (soon to be failed foster I'm guessing!). I went over to meet them this evening and they're just lovely dogs. They're very overweight so are going on a strict diet and going to get regular exercise to help them shed a few pounds. They're both lovely, laid back dogs. Buddy is still a bit shell shocked by the change in her circumstances. Gizmo is a lot more outgoing and just wanted to play the whole time I was there.

They're off to the vets tomorrow for a health check and to get them some low calorie food. Gizmo is spayed already, but Buddy is not so we will be speaking to the vet to see when we can get that done, and getting their booster vaccinations and microchip details changed over. My sister is hoping to book them into the groomer over the weekend for a wash and blow dry and to get Gizmo's fringe trimmed!

Buddy
Buddy and Gizmo - CKC and Shih tzu girls *rehomed* 19112010

Buddy and Gizmo - CKC and Shih tzu girls *rehomed* IMG_0202

Gizmo
Buddy and Gizmo - CKC and Shih tzu girls *rehomed* IMG_0196

Buddy and Gizmo - CKC and Shih tzu girls *rehomed* IMG_0208

Last edited by Kazza on Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Kazza
Kazza
Admin

Number of posts : 2278
Registration date : 2008-02-08

http://www.friendsofbendogrescue.com

Back to top Go down

Buddy and Gizmo - CKC and Shih tzu girls *rehomed* Empty Re: Buddy and Gizmo - CKC and Shih tzu girls *rehomed*

Post  Kazza Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:51 am

Just back from the vets with these 2. Gizmo has a skin condition and the vet has taken scrapings to examine under the microscope and will let me know later what it is - she thinks it's probably just eczema but needs to rule out ringworm.

Buddy has a heart murmer and being overweight isn't helping. She also has the most enlarged anal glands the vet has ever seen. Sorry to be graphic, but it wasn't even liquid coming out, it was solid stuff. She's going to have to go back in a weeks time to be sedated, have her teeth cleaned, and have her anal glands flushed out properly. It looks like they were never done, so she can't have been comfortable. She also has very dirty ears so is on ear drops twice a day for the next 2 weeks.

Both got their booster vaccinations and are on obesity food until they've shifted some pounds. Buddy can't be spayed until she's lost the weight and we can get a better picture of the extent of her heart murmer.

Vet bill so far is 108 euro so any help gratefully received.
Kazza
Kazza
Admin

Back to top Go down

Buddy and Gizmo - CKC and Shih tzu girls *rehomed* Empty Re: Buddy and Gizmo - CKC and Shih tzu girls *rehomed*

Post  siofra Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:20 pm

hi kazza, hope you had a gud hol, would love to no what that food is as i am minding my aunties dog at the mo and she is like a barrel, only a small terrier type and very young. mt aunt said she wudnt eat the dried food but she has no choice here with some chicken. ill have to get onto my aunt as the poor dog is youbg and has trouble gettin up the staires Sad
siofra
siofra
Top Dog

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Kazza Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:26 pm

Hi Justine,

It's Royal Canin Obesity food, only available from your vet.

Buddy has lost half a stone since being on it and went in to be spayed last week but still hasn't lost enough so she'll have to wait another little while.
Kazza
Kazza
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kazza Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:10 am

Buddy and Gizmo are getting on great with my sister and will be staying there forever :)

Buddy is going in to be weighed today to see what the situation is regarding her spay.
Kazza
Kazza
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilliput Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:00 am

I knew it yahoo yahoo yahoo yahoo
Great happy ending for this pair and your sister too!
Lilliput
Lilliput
Top Dog

Number of posts : 3575

Back to top Go down

Post  Doggymad Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:54 am

I love you I love you I love you yahoo yahoo yahoo
Doggymad
Doggymad
Top Dog

Number of posts : 3252
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Kazza Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:26 pm

Just a few pictures of Buddy and Gizzy so you can see how well they're looking smile

Doesn't Buddy look well? She's half the girl she used to be Laughing
Buddy and Gizmo - CKC and Shih tzu girls *rehomed* Buddy10

Gizzy
Buddy and Gizmo - CKC and Shih tzu girls *rehomed* Gizzy10

And the two of them together - couldn't get them both to look at the camera!

Buddy and Gizmo - CKC and Shih tzu girls *rehomed* Buddya10
Kazza
Kazza
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doggymad Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:03 pm

looking good Wink lovely happy ending I love you
Doggymad
Doggymad
Top Dog

Number of posts : 3252

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilliput Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:28 pm

wow, Buddy looks terrific, you can certainly say 'half the girl' she was!!
Your sister did a fantastic job with them clapping
Lilliput
Lilliput
Top Dog

Number of posts : 3575

Back to top Go down

Post  charlie Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:50 pm

lovely dogs look so happy, good job cheers
charlie
charlie
Top Dog

Number of posts : 1280

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down