Friends Of Ben
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In foster care: Butch (formerly Yankee) Staffy Boy with deformed leg

+8
Maxi
celticpitbulls
Heinz57
charlie
Doggymad
Kazza
Lilliput
chirpy
12 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

In foster care: Butch (formerly Yankee) Staffy Boy with deformed leg - Page 2 Empty Re: In foster care: Butch (formerly Yankee) Staffy Boy with deformed leg

Post  Kazza Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:08 pm

Hi Floyd,

Yankee is a Dunboyne Dog so you will need to speak to Martina (086 2228902) from Dunboyne Dogs to arrange a homecheck.

Fingers crossed it all works out crossedfingers

Oh and Welcome to Friends Of Ben smile:D:D

Karen.
Kazza
Kazza
Admin

Number of posts : 2278
Registration date : 2008-02-08

http://www.friendsofbendogrescue.com

Back to top Go down

In foster care: Butch (formerly Yankee) Staffy Boy with deformed leg - Page 2 Empty Re: In foster care: Butch (formerly Yankee) Staffy Boy with deformed leg

Post  Maxi Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:49 am

Hi Floyd2006,

Just read your post and thats made my day - fingers crossed everything works out crossedfingers I have an open door policy and you are more than welcome to come and see him. Yankee made a new friend yesterday while my mam was dog sitting - a minature yorkshire terrier - i came home from work yesterday and there he was playing in the garden with Gismo, i took a picture on my phone, talk about the odd couple!!!!

Maxi
Top Dog

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Floyd2006 Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:45 am

I'm delighted he gets on with other dogs, and children!! He'll be visiting Great Danes, Heinz, miniature JRT, the beautiful rotty and a very lovely pair of labradoodles! To be honest, I'm so excited smile I was dreaming about him last night. Just a couple of questions though, is his ear situation cleared up? And what's he like with cats, any idea? Neither of these questions will affect my decision to fight tooth and nail for the little sweetie, just curious!!
Floyd2006
Floyd2006
Junior

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxi Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:54 am

Hi Floyd2006,

His ear infection is totally cleared up but i still put his drops in every second day as advised from his previous fosterer. Better to be safe than sorry. Regarding the cats, i don't know how he is with them as there is hardly any cats where i'm living but i do know he was living with 2 cats and 2 dogs in his previous foster home and was fine with them. Think he just loves the company!!

Maxi
Top Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Floyd2006 Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:27 am

Aw sweetie!! I really really hope this new landlord will be ok with a dog. He advertised that pets were allowed so I assume he's not going to go back on that....hopefully. Sure I'll have an answer on Wednesday. I'd really love to be able to tell you that he's found his home but I don't want to get your hopes up.
Floyd2006
Floyd2006
Junior

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxi Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:34 am

Totally understand where your coming from, sure all you can do is wait and see. Good luck on wednesday crossedfingers

Maxi
Top Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Floyd2006 Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:17 am

Sure if worst comes to the worst I'll at least be able to help him out with some food, or whatever he needs....poor little thing. What effect does his leg have on him peeing, does he cock his leg? I'd love to have as much info as poss to let this landlord make the right decision Wink What's he like when he's left on his own? Not that I plan on abandoning him for days, just Tesco frown on you when you bring your dog with you!
Floyd2006
Floyd2006
Junior

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxi Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:36 am

When peeing, he just squats, doesn't cock his leg at all. He's fine on his own. When leaving the house he jumps on the sofa to look out the window (which breaks your heart ha ha) but when i come back, he's lying in his doggy bed. In every other respect he is like a normal dog, he can run just as fast as any other dog, only witnessed this the other night when we had him in the park with my niece, they were playing chasing (she runs, he runs after her) by god he was fast. He's not destructive in any shape or form. He loves his bones/toys and treats. Thats how i give him his tablet in the morning, in a treat. He LOVES his food but i only feed him once a day to keep his weight down. When your eating your own, he sits and watches but NEVER begs. Any more questions, just ask, will answer them as best i can.

Maxi
Top Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Floyd2006 Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:47 am

Thats brilliant, I'm a care worker for the elderly so I have very flexible hours so he wouldn't be alone for more than 3hours. If I think of anything else I'll ask. Thanks cheers
Floyd2006
Floyd2006
Junior

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxi Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:38 am

My cousin dropped over last night with her 1yr old shitzu nobi - Yankee and nobi (1yr un neutered male) played for hours. Yankee was so tired that he went straight to bed when they left and i had to wake him this morning to do his business. Unfortunatley i didn't have my camera but recorded them "hangin out" on my phone. If anyone would like to see, just pm your mobile and i will send it on

Maxi
Top Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  egar Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:19 pm

egar
egar
Top Dog

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2008-08-22

http://www.egar.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxi Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:30 am

Well, i have yankee a little over a week and a half and i can HONESTLY say that he is great. He sleeps through the night, totally house trained, not destructive in any way shape or form, loves his grub and his belly rubs. He is absolutely fantastic with every dog we've come into contact with. So far he's been in the company of my cousins shitzu (i have them recorded on my phone playing together), 2 yorkshire terriers (one of them attacked him and he didn't bat an eyelid), a beautiful 8mth old collie with the most unusual markings, who's owner i meet regulary in the park and we let them play together. Brought Yankee on a long walk last night and met up with this fella who i see walking his beautiful snow white 6yr male samoyed every night. Yankee was more interested in the man rather than the dog. He got loads of belly rubs aswell. Talking to him for ages and he said his samoyed was a rescue and was filling him in about Friends OF Ben and the great work you do. I can only hold onto yankee until Sunday week (14th Sept) as i have work commitments that i cannot get out of. If your thinking about it, go for it, Yankee is a loveable, undemanding, funny dog. Anyone who would like to see Yankee, just pm me and i will send you my address and you can come and see for yourself what a great dog he is. Promise you will be greeted with big slobbery kisses............... from yankee that is!!!!!!!!!

Maxi
Top Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxi Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:43 am

Davi (Floyd2006) came to my house yesterday to visit yankee and see him in the flesh - she fell in love with him as did yankee with her. Match made in heaven if you ask me!!!!! What i love is the fact that Yankee would have a playmate which he really needs as he loves all dogs. As far as i know, Davi was going to ring Martina today to arrange a homecheck asap so i have everything crossed crossedfingers crossedfingers crossedfingers

Maxi
Top Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Kazza Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:58 am

crossedfingers crossedfingers crossedfingers crossedfingers crossedfingers crossedfingers crossedfingers

I really hope it works out for them.
Kazza
Kazza
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxi Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:40 am

Just to keep everyone updated, yankee will be going to his forever home tomorrow to live out the rest of his days with floyd2006. I'm sooooo happy he has found a wonderful home he can call his own yahoo

Maxi
Top Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilliput Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:49 am

that's excellent!!!!!!!!! banana yippee yippee
I am very happy for Yankee...he's such a good dog 3dogs
Lilliput
Lilliput
Top Dog

Number of posts : 3575

Back to top Go down

Post  charlie Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:09 am

Brilliant news, good luck Yankee clapping
Well done to those involved esp Maxi for being a fantastic foster mam flowerbushfamily
charlie
charlie
Top Dog

Number of posts : 1280
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Doggymad Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:16 am

well done to his foster mum and of corse Jessie xxxx goodluck Yankee I love you
Doggymad
Doggymad
Top Dog

Number of posts : 3252

Back to top Go down

Post  Kazza Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:42 am

yahoo yahoo yahoo yahoo Fantastic news.

Thanks a million for taking good care of him Maxi.

Good luck in your forever home Yankee. Look forward to hearing lots of updates on you.

Karen.
Kazza
Kazza
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  egar Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:52 am

Great news!! Now you have room for another foster doglet lmao I love you
egar
egar
Top Dog

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2008-08-22

http://www.egar.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Floyd2006 Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:01 am

I'm absolutely delighted, I'm gonna collect Yankee tomorrow!! I'll keep you all updated, I know that everyone on here is well chuffed it's worked out. Sorry for the short update, I've got preparations to make!!
Floyd2006
Floyd2006
Junior

Back to top Go down

Post  Doggymad Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:08 am

Excellent ' cant wait to get updates yahoo I love you congratulations cheers
Doggymad
Doggymad
Top Dog

Number of posts : 3252

Back to top Go down

In foster care: Butch (formerly Yankee) Staffy Boy with deformed leg - Page 2 Empty Yankie still looking for a home

Post  Tarmina Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:57 pm

Through no fault of his own Yankies home did not work out so he is in foster care again. We are desperately seeking a very special home for this guy who, despite being through so much upheaval, is still the happiest, most easy going little guy.

Tarmina
Senior

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post  jules30 Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:43 am

Oh no, that's a shame.
Keep smiling Yankee, I'm sure your forever home is just around the corner ..... and the bonus, you get spoiled by lovely foster carers in the meantime.
He is gorgeous xx
jules30
jules30
Junior

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxi Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:40 am

I was very sad to hear Yankee's forever home didn't work out - the other doggy was not a happy camper to have Yankee in his home - all yankee wanted to do was play as he does with every other dog that he meets - there has to be a loving family out there that can offer this wonderful dog a home - promise you, you won't be disappointed.

Maxi
Top Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next