Friends Of Ben
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freeway - Fullsize Yorkshire Terrier

+6
Doggymad
Mary1
Maxi
charlie
B'witched
Kazza
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Freeway - Fullsize Yorkshire Terrier Empty Freeway - Fullsize Yorkshire Terrier

Post  Kazza Sun May 04, 2008 10:26 am

Meet Freeway,

He's a gorgeous Full sized Yorkie currently in foster care with me. He's about 4-5 years old, maybe younger. He's housetrained, brilliant in the car (loves nothing more than sticking his head out the window and watching the world go by!), he's a good watchdog and is not destructive when left on his own - he just sleeps smile. He's a bit nervous though and when he gets scared he can growl and bare his teeth so he would not be suitable for a home with young children. I really think he would thrive in an environment where there were only 1 or 2 adults in the home, and where he could be the centre of attention. He is good with dogs that are bigger than him but tries to assert his authority with dogs that are smaller than him. He's had his first vaccination and is neutered.

Freeway - Fullsize Yorkshire Terrier 25042010

Freeway - Fullsize Yorkshire Terrier 04052010

Freeway - Fullsize Yorkshire Terrier 04052011

Freeway - Fullsize Yorkshire Terrier 03052010

If you think you can offer him a home then please pm me or phone me on 086 8097745.
Kazza
Kazza
Admin

Number of posts : 2278
Registration date : 2008-02-08

http://www.friendsofbendogrescue.com

Back to top Go down

Freeway - Fullsize Yorkshire Terrier Empty Re: Freeway - Fullsize Yorkshire Terrier

Post  Kazza Wed May 07, 2008 3:43 pm

FREEWAY URGENTLY NEEDS A FOSTER HOME FOR THE WEEKEND. I'M GOING AWAY FOR THE WEEKEND ON FRIDAY AND DON'T HAVE ANYONE TO MIND HIM. HE HAS A HOME INTERESTED IN HIM BUT HOMECHECK CAN'T BE DONE UNTIL THE WEEKEND SO IF IT ALL GOES TO PLAN HE'LL BE GOING TO HIS NEW HOME ONCE THE HOMECHECK IS COMPLETED. IF THE HOMECHECK DOESN'T WORK OUT I CAN TAKE HIM BACK ON SUNDAY NIGHT. I JUST NEED SOMEONE TO HOLD HIM FROM TOMORROW NIGHT UNTIL SUNDAY. IS THERE ANYONE THAT CAN DO IT????

(People with small children and tiny dogs need not apply Wink)
Kazza
Kazza
Admin

Back to top Go down

Freeway - Fullsize Yorkshire Terrier Empty Re: Freeway - Fullsize Yorkshire Terrier

Post  Kazza Thu May 08, 2008 3:44 am

Please can anyone take Freeway from tonight until Sunday? This is very urgent now.
Kazza
Kazza
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  B'witched Thu May 08, 2008 5:34 am

If no one can help, I'll take him here. Bit of a journey I know but if no one else can help give me a shout.
B'witched
B'witched
Top Dog

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Kazza Thu May 08, 2008 5:46 am

Thanks Christine. Hopefully something closer to home will come up. If not is there anyone that can meet Christine tonight with Freeway?
Kazza
Kazza
Admin

Back to top Go down

Freeway - Fullsize Yorkshire Terrier Empty freeway

Post  charlie Thu May 08, 2008 5:52 am

B'witched wrote:If no one can help, I'll take him here. Bit of a journey I know but if no one else can help give me a shout.

hey ABLE & a little yorkie together :) he will be the 'propper dog' for the weekend LOL
Im working on getting this sorted at the mo....
charlie
charlie
Top Dog

Number of posts : 1280
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Kazza Thu May 08, 2008 5:55 am

Thanks a mill Charlie smile
Kazza
Kazza
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxi Thu May 08, 2008 7:56 am

Where is B Witched based?

Maxi
Top Dog

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post  B'witched Thu May 08, 2008 8:01 am

I am in Nth Tipperary and usually meet the transoprter in Kinnegad.
B'witched
B'witched
Top Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxi Thu May 08, 2008 8:08 am

Spoke to the OH. I can take freeway until sunday night. I have no other dogs, good size back garden and he will be walked daily.

Maxi
Top Dog

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post  B'witched Thu May 08, 2008 8:24 am

Hi Maxi, I have sent you a PM thumbsup
B'witched
B'witched
Top Dog

Back to top Go down

Freeway - Fullsize Yorkshire Terrier Empty Freeway

Post  charlie Thu May 08, 2008 8:34 am

Offer of foster here has been okayed too!
charlie
charlie
Top Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Kazza Thu May 08, 2008 11:31 am

Thanks everyone for sorting this. Freeway is going into foster with Trisha tonight for the weekend and Maxi is being back up fosterer just in case smile smile smile
Kazza
Kazza
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kazza Fri May 16, 2008 3:55 pm

This guy is still looking for his forever home. Any takers????
Kazza
Kazza
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mary1 Sat May 17, 2008 3:52 am

I have a yorkie, one more wont make a difference he looks lovely. My youngest is 8 but so used to dogs knows how to respect them.
Mary1
Mary1
Top Dog

Number of posts : 525
Registration date : 2008-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Doggymad Sat May 17, 2008 3:59 am

this little fella is now sorted through Call xx
Doggymad
Doggymad
Top Dog

Number of posts : 3252

Back to top Go down

Post  Mary1 Sat May 17, 2008 5:06 am

Great news. smile
Mary1
Mary1
Top Dog

Number of posts : 525
Registration date : 2008-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  charlie Tue May 20, 2008 5:47 am

I had the pleasure of meeting freeway in the phoenix park on sunday for a walk with my muts.
He's a stunner, his foster mammy is getting very attached love
charlie
charlie
Top Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Kazza Tue May 20, 2008 5:49 am

Aww bless her. Gill is trying to sort transport for Freeway at the moment and he will be going to Enfield Rescue in the UK as soon as this is sorted.
Kazza
Kazza
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Trisha Canning Tue May 20, 2008 2:19 pm

Hi,
Freeway has been with me for week and a half now. He's great - though he's currently chewing down on my chapstick which I can't get off him!! But usually he knows which are his toys and which are mine.
Anyway, he's a pleasure - I hope I'm looking after him ok. I haven't had a dog for years. He gets very excited to see me in the evenings and loves his walks. He knows he's not allowed sleep on the bed (someone trained him) but will only go in the garden in the morning with a serious bribe. He knows he gets left out there for the day.

I believe he's going to a rescue in England - whatever that is. I hope he does get a proper home. He's great company but does growl occasionally. If anyone needs more info, I'd be happy to provide what I can.

Trisha Canning
Pupster

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Back to top Go down

Post  charlie Tue May 20, 2008 3:09 pm

Trisha you are doing a fantastic job you rock
I could see that Freeway is so contented with you, your a natural...
Freeway will thank you many times over. :)
charlie
charlie
Top Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilliput Tue May 20, 2008 3:23 pm

hi trisha,

Freeway sounds like a dog I had in foster some time ago. His name was Bruce and he was a terrier x. He was the only foster dog ever allowed to sleep in our bedroom and every morning it was a struggle for me to get him out - even with the most serious bribe Laughing Bruce also would growl at me occasionally, but I just got used to it and learned his way of doing things.
Bruce went to a UK rescue and they found a briliant home for him. I was very worried that because of his behaviour it would have been difficult to rehome him but that wasn't the case.
Bruce's story proves that there is a family out there for any dog, we just need to help them to find each other Wink

I am sure Freeway is very happy with you, it looks like you are doing a great job with him thumbsup

Last edited by Lilliput on Sat May 24, 2008 4:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Lilliput
Lilliput
Top Dog

Number of posts : 3575

Back to top Go down

Post  Kazza Tue May 20, 2008 3:27 pm

You're doing great with him Trisha, he's a stubborn little git when he wants to be Laughing

The rescue in England will find him a great home, I'm sure of it.

Karen.
Kazza
Kazza
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Trisha Canning Sat May 24, 2008 4:33 am

Thanks for that guys. I do love having him and have been tempted to keep him but a permanent dog doesn't suit me at the moment and I'd prefer one that works with kids. I'm sure it happens a lot that fosterers are tempted to keep dogs. I'd hate to think he doesn't find anywhere - and think that he won't like moving again.

He doesn't sleep on my bed - as soon as I get in to bed he goes downstairs to the sofa. He's been taught that much. However I bet he was fed from the table as he makes meals difficult. And I left him outside spar for about 30 seconds this morning and he went mad. Very unhappy to be abandoned! But we're slotting into a routine of the garden for the day and walk and food when I get back. If I go out for a shorter period of time I leave him inside.

Anyway, he's with me for another week, so I'm trying to rope my family in to visiting him tomorrow as I have a very long day at work.

Trisha Canning
Pupster

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Kazza Thu May 29, 2008 1:51 am

Freeway is going to Enfield Rescue in the UK on Tuesday where hopefully they'll find the perfect home for him.
Kazza
Kazza
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next