Friends Of Ben
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stella - The most urgent of urgent dogs *rehomed*

+3
Doggymad
Heinz57
Kazza
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Stella - The most urgent of urgent dogs *rehomed* Empty Stella - The most urgent of urgent dogs *rehomed*

Post  Kazza Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:10 am

If we can't help this gorgeous girl in the next couple of days she will be surrendered to Ashton, where she will most probably be put to sleep due to her breed.

As you can see she's very dog friendly, and has the funniest pricked ears. All our foster homes are jam packed, and we have had a run on sick puppies that have drained our funds, and because the puppies got sick in foster care, and are contagious, we're especially tight on space as we can't ask those foster homes to take in any other dogs until the incubation period has passed. We literally have nowhere for this lovely girl to go. Is there anyone that can help?

Stella - The most urgent of urgent dogs *rehomed* Image012

Stella - The most urgent of urgent dogs *rehomed* Image013

Last edited by Kazza on Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:33 am; edited 2 times in total
Kazza
Kazza
Admin

Number of posts : 2278
Registration date : 2008-02-08

http://www.friendsofbendogrescue.com

Back to top Go down

Stella - The most urgent of urgent dogs *rehomed* Empty Re: Stella - The most urgent of urgent dogs *rehomed*

Post  Heinz57 Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:47 pm

I can see that she is good with other dogs but do we know how she is with children?
Heinz57
Heinz57
Top Dog

Number of posts : 1184

Back to top Go down

Stella - The most urgent of urgent dogs *rehomed* Empty Re: Stella - The most urgent of urgent dogs *rehomed*

Post  Doggymad Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:19 pm

The man said she was one of the gentleist dogs he ever met , and she was great with his dogs and his nieces and nephews I love you why Nina are those beautiful eyes and ears temping you xx hee

I love you I love you she is rather beautiful looking , bless her I love you
Doggymad
Doggymad
Top Dog

Number of posts : 3252
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  glic83 Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:51 pm

might be able to help out if stuck,would hate to see this one pts
glic83
glic83
Top Dog

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Doggymad Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:56 pm

this girl would need atleast 2 to 3 weeks foster home, as she will need to be spayed, vac,d chipped before being up for rehomeing ' if you would be intersted in fostering her please get in contact with Kazza (karen) or Lilliput (Elena) by pm ... thanx ' she is lovely isnt she , i cant foster anymore right now i have a few pups here and Ruby ' but i would be tempted myself ' god love her I love you
Doggymad
Doggymad
Top Dog

Number of posts : 3252
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  glic83 Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:00 pm

im actually off work till the 13th of december so would have plenty of time to sort out that stuff only thing is im in dromina its near charleville co. cork,and im not around till monday as im away for the weekend if i can help let me know
glic83
glic83
Top Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilliput Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:17 pm

thanks Colin for your offer thumbsup
we'll need to organize a homecheck - as we do for all our new fosterer smile - and your location shouldn't be a problem. We'll PM you for more details.
Lilliput
Lilliput
Top Dog

Number of posts : 3575

Back to top Go down

Post  glic83 Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:28 pm

ok hopefully i can help
glic83
glic83
Top Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  celticpitbulls Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:04 pm

just wanted to say fair play for even offering to help this beautiful girl love hearts are going to be broking especially this time of year because everybody is just so full fingers crossed things work out for her thumbsup
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Top Dog

Number of posts : 542
Registration date : 2008-04-11

http://www.freewebs.com/celticpitbulls12

Back to top Go down

Post  glic83 Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:28 pm

was thinking that myself but i would much rather have this dog for a few weeks than seeing her pts and thats the same sentiment of the OH so fingers crossed things work out
glic83
glic83
Top Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Kazza Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:01 am

Hi Glic,

Will email you the homecheck questionnaire and try to arrange for someone to do the homecheck this weekend.

How is your girl with other dogs? Do you have the capacity to keep them separated when you're not in the house for the first while?

Karen.
Kazza
Kazza
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  glic83 Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:21 am

i wont be around this weekend but the other half will be,tilly seems to be very good with other dogs she is very timid at the start but all she wants to do is play,she was introduced to the brothers boxer last week and they were happy out together playing away,i have a small run set up for tilly out the back but i could set up another run for another dog wouldnt take long,i would be keeping the dogs in the house as i am off for a while
glic83
glic83
Top Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Kazza Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:25 am

Great glic. You've got mail smile
Kazza
Kazza
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  glic83 Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:35 am

ill print it out it out scan it and send it back to you is that ok?
glic83
glic83
Top Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  glic83 Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:08 pm

i send that back to you in an email
glic83
glic83
Top Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Kazza Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:29 pm

Thanks Glic - received that. Will get working on the homecheck asap.

Also great news - She has the offer of a rescue space in Sweden yahoo yahoo yahoo yahoo yahoo
Kazza
Kazza
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  glic83 Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:46 pm

excellent news yahoo yahoo yahoo
glic83
glic83
Top Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  celticpitbulls Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:56 pm

im so happy for this girl fair play Karen that's great news yahoo yahoo yahoo
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Top Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Heinz57 Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:07 am

Great news for this girl yahoo yahoo yahoo
Heinz57
Heinz57
Top Dog

Number of posts : 1184

Back to top Go down

Stella - The most urgent of urgent dogs *rehomed* Empty Stella got her groove back :)

Post  Kazza Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:33 pm

Oh wow oh wow oh wow!!! I picked this absolutely amazing dog today to get her vax'd and microchipped and leave her in to be spayed. She is seriously fantastic. She's housetrained, great in the car, unbelievably good with other dogs, great with kids, and just wants to rest her head in your lap for a few cuddles.
Stella - The most urgent of urgent dogs *rehomed* 02122010
She's going into foster with glic83 on Thursday until she can travel to Sweden. I'm seriously in love with this one.

She's a little on the thin side but I'm hoping a week or so of foster care will improve this.

I am so, so, so, so, so glad that we managed to save this girl. She's one in a million.
Kazza
Kazza
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  glic83 Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:02 pm

dont worry we will have have her fattened up in a few days ha ha cant wait to get her down here smile smile smile smile
glic83
glic83
Top Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  celticpitbulls Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:40 pm

she is beautiful I love you im so happy well done im sure she will make some1 a fantastic companion good look beautiful love
celticpitbulls
celticpitbulls
Top Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Kazza Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:48 am

Stella is in heat so can't be spayed yet SadSadSad

Colin has kindly made the long journey from Cork to Naas and has just picked her up so hopefully she'll settle in well to her new foster home.

Thanks a million for helping her out! Don't forget to post pics smile:D:D
Kazza
Kazza
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  glic83 Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:15 pm

ok im absolutly wrecked but so are the other 2 stella is finding her feet around the house tilly is following her everywhere she goes they smelled each other for a good 1/2 hour when introduced but all in a good way,stella has been excellent here is a few pics

Stella - The most urgent of urgent dogs *rehomed* PC030252
Stella - The most urgent of urgent dogs *rehomed* PC030255
Stella - The most urgent of urgent dogs *rehomed* PC030256

cant wait to go to bed and id say they other 2 are wrecked as well
glic83
glic83
Top Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Kazza Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:22 pm

OK I'm obviously suffering from sleep deprivation because that last picture has actually brought a tear to my eye.

I'm sure Colin will agree with me, that until you've met Stella, you have no idea what an amazing dog she is. She's just absolutely fabulous. It's stories like this one that make rescue worthwhile. Only for the kind hearts of a few people, the outcome of this story could have been very very different.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart to each and every one of you that was involved in helping this girl out, and special thanks to Colin and Claire for taking her into foster care. It looks like Stella and Tilly are going to be good friends smile
Kazza
Kazza
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next